Natural Carer & Doula Foundation In-person Workshop - 27 March
The Natural Doula training is designed for those supporting one or many in their personal or professional life. It equips students with a solid grounding in compassionate care techniques and teaches methods to work with and deepen a connection with nature to aid wellbeing.
In this one day foundation in-person workshop we will explore:
- Death, dying and living in the last stages of life
- What does an end of life doula do?
- What is meant by compassionate care
- Communication skills
- Comforting care practices including breath, energy, visualisation
- Plant essences - what they are and ways to use them
- Having a plan - advance care directives, funeral planning and paperwork that will help everyone when the end is near
This workshop is helpful for families, carers, hospice volunteers, counsellors and complementary practitioners and anyone interested in increasing their skills et for helping and caring for people in palliative care and at the end of life.
The fee includes course materials, lunch and a Certificate of Attendance.
Time: 10.00am - 4.00pm
The workshop will take place at the Centre for Nature Connection, 24 Tauroa Road, Havelock North and is limited to six people.
This workshop is complemented by the deeper dive into the full Natural Doula Training available in online and in-person options.
Do you know what a loved one will want if they suddenly get really sick? When my mother was told she had six months to live we talked about what ...